Saturday, October 18, 2008







Well I have just returned from the south Island .....Glenn and I went down to Queenstown for 3 nights with our friends Kathy and Didrik. It was fantastic .....no kids ....great dining experiences (1 bad one, but got all our drinks free) ....and lots of windowshopping. Kathy and I went to Glenorchy to do a horse trek. I had always wanted to ride around where the Lord of the rings was filmed. Wow it was spectacular. The scenery was simply beautiful, and even better from the back of a horse. I rode an ex trotter. His name was Charlton and he was a tall horse for a trotter. Our guide was from Germany and quite a good rider so she had him quite nicely schooled which was a nice surprise. We got on well and after 2 hours we had each other sussed. We rode along and through the Dart river over to the Rees river. It was a real riding experience.Check out the sexy hat and boots .....the bummer of not taking my own was having to wear theirs ...but all good!



That combined with wineries, touring around and having a blast made for a great trip.



Am itching to go see my 4 legged family in the morning then off to work .....Mimi School Pet Day. Fancy having to work Sunday

No comments: