I live on the edge of my family farm that for generations has been the venue for riding horses, dating back to my greatgrandfather who was the first master of the local Hunt Club. It is now where I enjoy riding and training my horses. This blog is now the story of Hokey Pokey, my Gypsy cob cross bred pony.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
mudlarks
The rain at the moment is driving me to distraction.....on minute torrential tropical rain and the next minute hot hot humid sunshine. Its a rugging nightmare. Trix with all her white looks at a mud hole and changes colour. I felt quite depressed today as I struggled to scrub tails after a weekend of rain and mud. Tash is competing on trix at a dressage competition on Sunday. I think a horse that is semi clean is the order of the day....so I will wash trix's tail several times to get it whiter. Have also found that the reason the horses are out all the time is there is a major short on the farm electric fence....so it was a slow process with an electric fence tester to find the short and fix the fence. I would have liked to have watched a few zaps. would be poetic justice for so many busted fences. Spent a short time schooling in the paddock ......am really happy with my walk and trot. Have that going nicely. Am struggling to get the canter nice and round. We go forward but cant seem to get a nice lift....just feels flat. Am wondering if I have a back issue to check out. Oh and my legs run out of oomph when I do get it right. Cant win!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment