Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sun!!!!

Oh wow the first day of winter and the sun shone.I have been beside myself with boredom with no riding. The last few weeks have been bitter. The mountain has been absolutely covered and my horses get a full polar blast straight from it. Saturday was disgusting....sideways rain, sleet and a howling wind. The horses had managed to cut there small paddock space to a potato patch.Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!. The only small compensation is I know most of New Zealand is in the same boat.
Anyway back to today......the sun has been shining and I managed to get my two horses out for a wonderful hack up the road. I rode JD and had Trix leading beside me. She is such a good girl trotting along right beside Jd. they are perfect together out like this. And today it felt like they were smiling all the way. Their relief in getting out was probably huge.
Back at the paddock I decided there really was a God. The horses had all their poo in one corner. So mucking out was a breeze....stand in one spot and shovel.
As for the days to come I just have to keep an eye on the weather and grab the sunny moments while they are around

No comments: