I live on the edge of my family farm that for generations has been the venue for riding horses, dating back to my greatgrandfather who was the first master of the local Hunt Club. It is now where I enjoy riding and training my horses. This blog is now the story of Hokey Pokey, my Gypsy cob cross bred pony.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
spring grass
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is battling spring grass!!!!!!. Wow what a start to my ride today. Trix had elevation to die for....but not really what I had in mind for a hack down the road to my friends arena. We arrived at the arena dancing on tip toes and snorting at every little thing. It took a good ten minutes of solid trotting around to get her to settle enough to even work properly. Consequently by this time my legs were so sore I couldn't manage much on the schooling front. We worked on our trot to canter, canter to trot......and moving our canter out on the circle.....just trying to stop her falling in. It went well but just not long enough. I just found my dressage fitness not up to it.....bummer. But will get fitter. Have show to aim for in October so now have a goal.Now need fine weather. Its been so wet and windy over the past week that riding has been impossible. photos to come. Have still been snapping away but still cant find the cord ....it has to be in a box somewhere(the joy of moving house...cant find anything)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gee I hope you find your camera cable soon!
I remember loosing one of the sections of pipe for my vacuum cleaner after one move. Vacuumed on my knees for a couple of mths before I found the blasted thing. It has always amazed me how things go missing like that.
I found my cord thank goodness ...in a dumb place too. Cant believe I stumbled across it. So yes will up load a few photos. Isn't it great to know summer is on its way and gosh that must have been tricky cleaning minus a pipe. I'd be off to buy another one!!
Post a Comment