hard work was on the agenda today. Trix and I went to Judes arena and did some work on the lunge to start with, then I got on. It was a session with of lots of bending and changing the rein to really get her thinking. The other major focus was getting her to really move forward within the trot. She had moments of greatness and moments of complete stubborn mare-ness.
In the end I'm not sure who was sweating more ....me or her. I have to say my legs gave way. I know when you're trying to stop your horse from dropping their shoulder and dropping in you need lots of inside leg but boy the old lactic acid in the legs was killing me. We ended on a good note and I had a nice ride home. Trix got a bit of a bath and a fresh nibble of grass for the day. WE have lots to do but I'm going to take things slow and steady so we dont both get stressed. If the rain stays away I will go again tomorrow
4 comments:
Everyone got a good workout! Bet you guys will be relaxed (and perhaps sore) the next day! My horses require no, and I mean no, leg, no matter what we're doing - I could probably use the exercise!
If you were closer I'd swap you for a leg break ....you could have the exercise and I could have a rest!
Hi Sally
Good to hear that it does stop raining over there eventually! Ha! I know, cos I grew up in NP and it seemed like it rained all the time when I was a kid. One reason I moved to Hawkes Bay...
Sally hullo!
Thanks for signing up to "Follow/Lead/Share" over at my place.
I can tell you now that= I am going to come over tons to visit...I am in love with your horse! I love your header photo and the write up in it.
Very nice to meet you.
My first pony was named "Trixie" and she looked sooo much like you horse Trix. "~'
Kac
PS
Reading your post...must you ride to be in an arena?? I will be that way this winter...and arranged to ride tomorrow in one local...if the weather holds for me to get there!It has been so long for a circle and the lactic acid stuff!!(though with my ultra sensitive TB mare...better not use too much!)
Post a Comment