wow what a day I've had!!!. The past few weeks have simply been the worst weather. Friday and Saturday were once again terrible with extreme gale force winds, rain and snow. I no intention of going to a show but my dear friend texted me to say she had booked us into a show. Now really one look at my horse yesterday would have frightened anyone. Her white tail looked black with mud ....no white legs to be seen....just mud mud mud. This morning however was beautiful. The mountain was clear, the sun shining. I left my family all asleep and caught Trix early. The next two hours were spent scrubbing, shampooing (a whole bottle later!!!) and washing. Tash helped me plait . We blacked hooves wrapped,rugged up and then said a little prayer(not to roll while tied up clean ...been known to do!!!) and I went inside to shower. two hours later I was sitting on her back in the show ring. We won our turnout class and paced and mannered then a few ribbons later we were doing work outs to determine Champion placing .....and we got it. I was thrilled. My first day of firsts. I have a couple of photos to add but once again cant find the cord (kids!!!)
Tonight I have that wonderful weary feeling of a day well done .....the simply devine red wine I'm drinking hepling a bit too. My pony has done me proud!
School holidays over and back to teaching tomorrow
3 comments:
Congratulations! - that's quite an achievement - particularly removing the mud and dirt from a horse with so much white - and of course the show too! :)
Yay for you and Trix!
You deserve a drink after all that shampooing. Well, done and we want photos soon.
Congratulations! What an awesome day you had.
Post a Comment