I think summer has just hit New Zealand .....I know it started a while ago but it has been so miserable and wet despite being in the 1st month of summer. But today its beautiful. Farmers are in the fields cutting hay for baling later in the week. Cows are standing under trees in the cool breeze and I got up with the sparrows to do a great 3 hour ride. The alarm went off at 6am and after a quick cup of tea I was on my way. I decided to take Trix as she hasn't been out in a while and she likes Sonya's horse....so is well behaved. We floated inland for about ten minutes and then did probably 1 hour on the road before cutting back onto farm land . The remainder of the trip was spectacular. The top point of the ride gave us stunning views up the coastline. The sea just looked wonderful.We cantered through loads of paddocks and Trix managed to keep all four feet firmly cantering on the ground instead of airborne bucking so that was a bonus. We had one little mishap when the boundary gate was so wired shut there was just no way through. So we found a pine forest with a half fallen down fence. I stood on one end and draped my jacket over the low wires so the horses had the illusion of something solid. It worked and we managed to get both over. We had to lead them through the pine forest and then it took me another 2o minutes to open another wired up gate. I was getting worried for a moment. If we had to turn back it would have made it about 5 hours in the saddle....and it was getting hot.
Safely back at Sonya's we agreed it was a great ride and marvelled at how well Rosie and Trix go together.....no dramas!!!!......just wonderful riding.
4 comments:
How fun - it's nice to hear about your summer in the middle of our winter!
What a wonderful time!! So glad to hear of the hooves in rhythm instead of the hooves in the air...tehehe that was cute. Yea... sometimes the cut loose...I like one that stays calmer,but alas, can't have it all sometimes..I just love to ride so I take what I get!
You take care!
KK
Sounds like my kind of ride. I love some of the pictures you've posted in the past of your treks. The scenery is so beautiful.
Nice for you and Trix to have a drama free ride.
Ahhhh, summer hols! I have just finished work and am looking forward to doing a bit of that sort of thing too.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment