OK I'm officially sick of the rain. Its depressing having a lovely new horse and its too wet to ride. I did get a very short ride in yesterday but it was cold and then the rain came in. Its meant to rain all weekend with some pretty wild weather reports. Yuk Yuk Yuk
My ride yesterday was with my friend Tash. She has a new horse as well . Next weekend I am taking her horse To Hawera for the last of the winter dressage series. So she was keen to get some practice in . We rode to Judes Arena and while Tash did her thing I just cruised around on Maggie .....not doing dressage just mooched along watching Autum do her thing.
Maggie was such a good girl and seem to take everything in her stride. She has a wicked walk. It will take a good horse to walk out faster than her.
I have had her a week now. She is nine years old and a big 16hh high ( i need a ladder to get on). She comes from a lovely lady in the Raglan area and suffered a hamstring injury which meant she could never be the dressage/jumping superstar intended. But for what I want for the next couple of years she is perfect. My next show star is going to be one of my black and white babies ....but as you have gathered I need something to ride until they are broken in. So all of the above has meant Maggie is now mine. I think she will a forever addition to the farm!!!.
5 comments:
we are having terrible rains here too ! makes it very hard to get the hay put up. Enjoy your new mare ! she sounds like a peach!
She sounds like a lovely mare and just the thing you need right now - enjoy!
Would you prefer hot and humid? We have lots of that here, so not much riding happening either! And the bugs are just horrible.
Hope you have some sun soon.
oh Jill I think I prefer the colder weather to the humid kind with bugs.... and fernvalley I'm sorry to hear you are having horrible rain too. Isn't it depressing. Kate yes I'm enjoying Maggie she is a doll
Maggie is gorgeous! Sounds like the perfect horse for you!
Post a Comment