Sunday, August 29, 2010

On Thursday my friend and I rode up the road to the paddock where I have put Hokey and Mosaic. Its my parents property about 2km away in front of our old house. Our ride was short but nice and made the most of a tiny glimpse of sun. I also went Friday for a really lovely ride with a friend a short float ride away. Rachel and I met at the local pony club ground. We went for an hour and a half ride along several roads with nice wide grass verges. Maggie was a good girl and we made it home before the torrential rain began. This morning it was nothing short of hideous weather. Torrential rain, lightening, and thunder meant no riding today. I did manage to muck out all the horses between bouts of rain. Hokey and Mosaic were in a very cuddly mood.....all they really wanted was a good scratch. SO once we got that sorted they were content with just following me everywhere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice that you got in a couple of nice rides before the weather turned bad. Those baby horses are adorable!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Glad you got in a couple of rides.The two loung ones seem a little camera shy today .Oh well that s the way of it sometimes . They sure seem like a sweet pair

*Sharon* said...

Ah, winter in the 'Naki.
Not that I can gloat, it's not any better here in the sunny Bay.
Roll on spring!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Your countryside and property are gorgeous. Glad to see that the sun shone for a while and you got some rides in. As we're heading for fall and winter I guess you will be enjoying some much better weather soon to ride in.