




Crocket is at this very moment in his kennel with cabin fever I'm sure - as the rain still falls. Its sideways today and all the animals are looking a bit miserable. I complained last year about the rain but this September we have had double what we had last year so I feel a bit more justified in my complaints this year. It is meant to fine up for next week which would be lovely. This morning I took the pup for a run up the road to the youngsters. I picked big armfuls of long grass from the road sides to give them and checked them over. we had only just made it home and the rain started. Crocket being a lab is in love with water so he doesn't mind.
This afternoon I went back to see Hokey and Mosaic and Hokey has a hematoma on his chest. I'm not sure what its from .....could have slipped into the tree....or fence...or got a boot from Mosaic . I will have to keep an eye on it and hopefully it will go down. They got slabs of hay and a bucket of feed to share. They looked a bit sad and wet but there is not much I can do to change the weather and they are not at home to put away so horses they have to be and huddle together till the sun shines tomorrow.
I thought I would share some photos of my walk through the gully behind us with the dog to go have a coffee with my Dad. It took me about half and hour and left me splattered in mud. Its a pity I didn't get the before and after shot of me......post dog shake.Enjoy!!!
2 comments:
Awww, I almost adopted a 2yo chocolate lab - but alas another dog chose me. Not that I regret it in the least, but that lab sure was sweet and would've been a great addition to our family.
I'm sorry about all your rain. What a bummer! :( I hope you get to riding again soon!
Jill
LAbs and retrievers looove the mud! Happiest dogs in the world I think, Winston likes snow , rain ,mud , you name it , he even likes the screamin hot summer, he just goes and lies in the dugout
Post a Comment