Wednesday, December 1, 2010

end of year madness







Oh my gosh you guys I'm in panic mode .....I'm trying to get end of year school reports finished and as you can see I get kinda distracted easily. Poor Maggie hasn't been out much. JUst as well she is a nice horse to drag out of the paddock and mooch off on. I did get one nice ride last weekend. Kaz and I ventured off in to the hills on the neighbours farm. Its so dry and dusty here at the moment that when I ride I have to be either way in front or way behind as my contact lenses get dust under them . As some of you know that is no fun.



I moved the yearlings to a new paddock which they love as it has loads of shade to stand in when its hot. I will bring them to the home paddocks nearer to Xmas. That way I get lots of merry Christmas horsey hugs and whinnies each morning.



School is mad busy and I took my class on another tramp. We did a walk called the whitecliffs. It was fabulous......we even collected shellfish which I brought home to cook for dinner



It went well with a glass of red wine!!!!!



Mind the dust New Zealanders....and stay warm you guys up north

3 comments:

jill said...

Oh, I've been there! Fortunately not this year!
You are so close to the end...there is lots of riding time ahead of you. The horses look great. Enjoy your nice weather when you can snatch a few moments for yourself.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sounds like you are having fun still, holidays coming right? then you will have lots of time I hope

Me, baby and horses said...

Hang in there Sally, the end is near, and hopefully lots of riding over the hills for us is looming, and with sane horses not like Autumn was this morning...no grass for her tonight!!..