Wednesday, January 19, 2011

late evening ride








Tonight as the sun went down I went and had a play with Diego. I'm just taking it slow as he hasn't been ridden for a year and is only young. He was a good boy and listened to what I was wanting. Once agin we took it slow .....lots of changing the rein around the jumps, changing pace from walk to trot and back to walk. Despite the day temps 0f 28C the nights are cool so I didn't want to get him all hot and bothered. His new rugs are yet to arrive so he is without a rug at night.So it wasn't a long session. A full moon climbed into the sky ....once again the dog, cat and kids were all racing around - and to add to the mix my better half decided to give his new electric guitar from the states a good jam session. It was all go!
We will venture out around the farm when I finally get the blacksmith here. He is a man short so I'm waiting ....hopefully not too long.


5 comments:

Sharon said...

It's a beautiful night. I got back from walking the dogs at 9.30 pm under the light of the Full moon.

Looks like a lovely kind youngster you have there.

Anonymous said...

He's extremely cute and seems to be a very good boy! I'm vicariously enjoying your nice weather!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Lovely looking evening for a ride

Carol said...

Hi,
Just found your blog. Very nice. What a beautiful place you have. That first photo with the full moon is gorgeous.

allhorsestuff said...

Nice full moon late night rides you are having!In the first photo, he reminded me of Wa mare...the look.
Kac