Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wild Weather Bomb

OMG .....we are having the most crazy weather. After weeks of warmth and sun the temperature has plumeted .....the wild scary wind is bring in the torrential rain in sideways sheets of water. Last night I slept on the edge of my bed expecting to have the wind blow the house down. It was truely scary.
Pebbles and Diego were put in the shed for the night. They were both in their paddocks without much shelter and both shivering, wet and miserable. The warmth of the stable was a nice place to be ....dry hay ....a dry footing underneath .....definitely the best place.
The creeks and rivers are all flooding. I have loads of my new trees snapped off ( I could cry....two years growth gone). All around the district there are trees down, land slips ......and its cold ( sorry guys up north in the world - nothing like you get, but cold for here in the middle of summer!)
Am praying for the sun!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope all of you are OK and ride out the bad weather - that sounds very scary!

Grey Horse Matters said...

It's a shame about your trees. That wind sounds scary, I don't like it either. Glad the kids were okay and in their shed for the night. Hope your sun comes out soon and dries it all up.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Yikes! that does sound rotten!I think I will keep the snow

allhorsestuff said...

Darn Sally! That is a terrible "SNAP" in the waether for this time of year for you all!So sorry for the loss of such maturing trees too...boo~

IS it Sunny there YET? I pray so.
I LOVE your new dazzling look to the place here.
And we BOTH have horsehead/ halter headers right now...though I thought to change mine soon again. When one can't change the mood or weather or much else in life sometimes...to change the blog header is comforting! Tehehe!

Hope your rest is much more peaceful these nights now...no wind.
Kac
Hug the ponies for me!

Jeni said...

whats worse.. rain or snow? The weather is freaky everywhere!

Rising Rainbow said...

Weather is wierd all over the world, I think. Sorry you lost some of your trees. Sucks to have hard work gone.

Stay safe. Hope your weather turns around soon.