Yesterday I moved the two monsters ....well they aren't monsters really - its all meant in a loving manner. Hokey and Mosaic walked straight onto the float by themselves. I always feel a bit smug watching. My Dad was my groom for the shift and even he was impressed. We put them into a new pasture and then tomorrow they go to a small paddock in front of the woolshed. It is full of a grass that sheep dont like but is ok for horses. so they will be lawn mowers for a week or so. Hopefully this new arrangement will please the sheep and my Dad. Anyway in my usual fussy mother hubbard way I searched the long grass for any hidden nasties. I found a few boards that were old with the odd nail .....they were picked up and then I kicked what I thought what was another ......rammed the spade under to lift it up only to get drenched in a fountain of water.YES !!!!! I had cut a water pipe. That would be fine but the temp was freezing and Hmmmmmm I already had father dear fixing a broken railing - so I then had to go tell him "uummmmmm I just cut the water pipe with the spade". So then tools down .....water main off .....sharp knife .....pipe joiner .....dig it up ......cut ......fix .......lots of sorry......back to the railing.
So for the gazing favours I'm looing after the farm for the next few days ......dogs to look after, and cattle to shift. Lets hope there aren't any other fix it jobs
3 comments:
yeesh! that water line is awfully close to the surface !. Bet the little ones are enjoying the fresh gras
What are the odds of that? Can't imagine. FV is right, that line was very close to the surface.
The babes look so sweet with their cute faces hanging over the railing.
Whoops...too efficient!
Your dad is great!
Post a Comment