Monday, November 14, 2011

Eve

My new friend for the summer is stuck in the South Island ......aaaarrrrhhhh bloody horse transporters. I'm having a mare trying to sort this out. (excuse the pun). I have spent considerable time on the internet trying to locate different transport companies that are travelling to the North Island in the next week. It seems they are either just too expensive or not obliging ....or coming at the wrong time ....or dont come up the west coast. Many trucks go through the middle of the North Island and dont divert. It is going to cost me a bit I feel!!!!! .....and that is me also driving 3 hours to meet the truck.
 In the mean time the two year olds are mowing the meadow. I have a lot of grass at the moment. It seems to be either feast or famine around here. When Eve arrives the last thing she needs is lots of fresh spring grass. So Hokey and Mosaic being younger and growing are allowed to eat off the paddock. Eve is a half Clydesdale and does quite well on not much. She is one of those horses who can look at food and put on weight. So I will have to monitor her diet closely.
 But for the moment I have to simply get her here .....worry about waist lines later.

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

So exciting to be getting a horse. Eve sounds like she'll be a lot of fun when she finally gets to you. Hope it all goes smoothly. Technology and cameras sometime don't work out but I do hope you can upload some pictures of her when she comes.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

We call horses like that Air Ferns. Hope she gets there soon

cheyenne jones said...

Hi Sally!!.....Its a pain, but it`ll be worth it!
Having trouble here, too much rain, too warm, and too much mud!