I live on the edge of my family farm that for generations has been the venue for riding horses, dating back to my greatgrandfather who was the first master of the local Hunt Club. It is now where I enjoy riding and training my horses. This blog is now the story of Hokey Pokey, my Gypsy cob cross bred pony.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
In the saddle ...just couldn't wait!!
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Looking good - I plan to live vicariously through you during our long, cold, dark winter.
Sally, you look marvelous! She looks like -sees been yours forever.
How is it you can use the same saddle.on each new horse??? Is it a Wintec with exchangeable gullets? You could make $$ off me with saddle fit secrets, Ya know!! XO Kac
hahaha KC ....you are right I have had a few horses and managed to get away with the same saddle to a certain degree ....yes it is a wintec with a changeable gullet. I'd say it is more about good luck and going for a very certain type of horse (fat). I feel for you and your saddle woes .....if I had a magic wand I would wave it for you and waaaalllaaaaa the perfect saddle would land in your lap. Oooohhh and had to add that with all six horses I have the pleasure of regular photos and updates. They are all in very specific homes doing great things. I'd say I'm very lucky to have had them in my life at varying stages
Kate ...I will do my best to take lots of sunny photos to keep you going through the winter
Cheyenne ....isn't Eve just the bee's knees .....very smoochee already and I'm furiously trying to finish my school reports so I can ride guilt free
FV and GHM ....I'm glad you think we look good ....now the mission to get the riding to match the look
7 comments:
Looking good - I plan to live vicariously through you during our long, cold, dark winter.
You two look perfect together! Hope you had a lovely ride, you sure look happy.
Sally, you look marvelous! She looks like -sees been yours forever.
How is it you can use the same saddle.on each new horse???
Is it a Wintec with exchangeable gullets?
You could make $$ off me with saddle fit secrets, Ya know!!
XO
Kac
Awww! Sally, she is the Bee`s Knees!!
Jealous!!Lol
Ha!
Was thinking further on the subject...in the time I've known you you've had 6 horses- 1 saddle. Me ive got thee one horse- been through 6 saddles!
soo sorry..need to proof!
"Me, I have got just 1 horse and been through 6 saddles!"
hahaha KC ....you are right I have had a few horses and managed to get away with the same saddle to a certain degree ....yes it is a wintec with a changeable gullet. I'd say it is more about good luck and going for a very certain type of horse (fat). I feel for you and your saddle woes .....if I had a magic wand I would wave it for you and waaaalllaaaaa the perfect saddle would land in your lap.
Oooohhh and had to add that with all six horses I have the pleasure of regular photos and updates. They are all in very specific homes doing great things. I'd say I'm very lucky to have had them in my life at varying stages
Kate ...I will do my best to take lots of sunny photos to keep you going through the winter
Cheyenne ....isn't Eve just the bee's knees .....very smoochee already and I'm furiously trying to finish my school reports so I can ride guilt free
FV and GHM ....I'm glad you think we look good ....now the mission to get the riding to match the look
Post a Comment