The last few days have been wonderful in so many ways, tiring in others and lastly upsetting. Wonderful because we have spent every night having dinners outside in the warm evening sun eating BBQ's. These have been evenings of family......kids running around playing games......dogs playing .....the horses hanging over the fence. Christmas day was with family and friends and loads of yummy food with Santa coming.
In amongst all the Christmas madness we have been furiously doing hay. It is all in.....that is the whole farm in the barns. My shed is full and I'm shattered, Yesterday we put the last 500 small conventional bales in the central barn.It was girl power all the way. My sister inlaw, myself and friends putting it in the barn. A contractor baled the top part of the farm into large rounds and 65 silage bales. Today I rode Eve up through all the silage bales. She was a bit startled when we came up the track and saw them but was then quite calm about riding through them. It was our first ride in over a week ......because in amongst all christmas stuff and hay making my Dad has had his cancer return aggresively. It has us all back on the roller coaster ride of living day by day, week to week waiting for that 'next step'.
On a positive note .....a new year is about to start. We are all positive and enjoying being together. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and took the time to give your horses a Xmas hug and sniff that beautiful horsey smell that makes the world better.
5 comments:
I am so sorry to hear this news about your Dad. Hang in there and don't forget to take time to be kind to yourself.
Sally, thinkin' about you and your father. It's a horriible situation to have to be in.
*hugs*
I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope you all get to spend lots of quality time together.
Christmas sounds so different than here. There are no BBQ's but fires in the fireplace and bundling up against the cold. I guess it's whatever you're used to that makes the holidays traditional.
Have a Happy New Year with family and friends and of course all the critters.
I cannot imagine having to put up hay in the middle of Christmas! My goodness girl! you must have been busy . Sorry to read about your dad,Prayers for peace and comfort for him and all of you
The thought of a Christmas BBQ in the warm sun sounds fantastic! (0: Glad you all had a nice Christmas AND were able to squeeze in putting up your hay!
So sorry about your dad...I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment