Monday, February 6, 2012

Sad time

I've just spent some time reading news from everyone ....catching up on whats happening around the world .........with a wine and simply the first time to sit its nice to lose myself in other peoples worlds.......my Dad passed away with us at home on Saturday. 64yrs  His battle with cancer is over .....no more pain .....free to fly ( he always wanted to fly helicopters)
 My horses are simply there for cuddles at the moment .......and for all you cat people ....the cat never left my Dads side for about the last week......the irony of it all was he hated the cat...so go figure?? ........but we loved the cat for her devotion .
  I will get back to my rambles  ....I thank fern valley for my award (how do you get it.....this is when I dont have a clue ....computer illiterate!!!) I feel happy that you enjoy my rambles from here down under.
I have a crazy time ahead ....time to process loads ......time to sleep .....family ......
 to watch a persons life finish has been the most powerful thing....a privilaged thing....scary, but special....would not do it any other way.
I loved my dad xx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss, but glad that you were able to be there for him. Sending best wishes and thoughts.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sally, I'm very sorry for your loss. It's good that you were there for him and he knew you all loved him, even the cat. Your grief will last for a long while but your happy memories will see you through eventually. Sending my best wishes and thoughts to you and your family.

Val said...

I am very sorry.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

So sorry for your loss
as to the award if you like just right click over it and copy and paste it . otherwise know we love you and will understand

allhorsestuff said...

Sally my dear. I know the heart is broken for the pain of loss but your spirit is so beautiful. I am happy that you were all together and that he was home.
I'm tearily writing now...remebering my fathers passing and how I could not be with him . You are very privileged indeed.

That cat sounds like she knew what she was doing and funny about him not liking them much. She prooved to him she was forgiving/loving.

Hugs and prayers to you and yours from my arms and heart.
Take care dear.
XO
KacyK

cheyenne jones said...

Hi Sally, Sad times indeed. Never the best, and always painful.

You have my deepest sympathy, in this trying time. I know it will be some time before you start to process all of this, but for now, I wish you well. Thinking of you.

jill said...

Oh Sally, it's so hard, and yet a relief in a way isn't it to lose a beloved parent who has been suffering?
You will never look at things the same way and life will always seem more precious.
My mom is with me in the moments that I need her. Her passing was unbearable at the time. But her love and other gifts she gave us over her lifetime remain. I try to remember those things, but sometimes a good cry is needed too.
The hardest part for me was the boys and how they felt. It was a difficult time.
I am very sorry for your loss. Take care. Jill

Nikker said...

I am so very sorry for your loss.
I will keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

We have been thinking of you lots. Been a strange time here. Millie has been very ill, Will catch up soon. Lots of love to you all.

cheyenne jones said...

I transferred this post from one of mine you just replied to.


Hey!!! Sally, good to hear from you! How`s things down under? More to the point, how are you and the family? Difficult time I think.
But thank you for the kindness and care in you comment!

I`m really good now, glad I got it fixed.
I for one have been worried about you, take care, and let`s know how things are.

21/02/2012 09:57

Daisy said...

I lost my Dad when he was 60 years old to cancer. My hubby and I were the ones with him when he took his last breath. You describe the experience better than I have ever been able to. My heart is with you my friend. (((hug)))