Wednesday, March 28, 2012

saddle for snorkell

I have been a wee bit absent ......but for a good reason.SCHOOL CAMP!!!!. They always take a great deal of time in A: getting ready B: taking part in and running .....and C: cleaning up after.
 My class has just taken part in a Experiencing Marine Reserves programme. As part of this we have been learning to snorkell .....starting out in the school pool then progressing to local sea areas. This had me nervous from the start. I'm always looking out for Jaws. I work on the idea that my bikini will frighten him away .....that or the white legs!!!!!...Anyway back to the story. The class trip meant a 6 hour drive north past Auckland to a place called Leigh. It is just beautiful and is home to a marine reserve where you get to  go snorkelling with big fish, seahorses, starfish, crabs, crayfish, seaslugs etc etc. . The weather wasn't too good so the sea was too big the first two days so we went to Auckland and did an urban adventure ....museums, bus trips, train rides,  and a picnic in a huge park. ON the first night we stayed in an aquarium. Our beds were set up in the tunnels that make there way under the fish. I slept under the sharks ......a bit scary!!!!. My daughter Ella had come on the trip too - she slept under the fish. The second night we slept at a camp ground in cabins. It was a fun time ....but a bit nervous knowing that my horses were all home in bad weather.But my wonderful other half ( very non horsey male!!!) fed the horses, picked up all the poo in the paddocks and made sure their rugs were changed when needed. So I was stressing for nothing!!!!
 Oh and poor Pebbles ( 30 this year) ......Ella learnt to canter tonight ......it seems we have found a new gear .....and NOT one that Pebbles is keen on. Being old and having to work is not fun.

6 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

sounds like a fun camp, and hooray for helpful even if they are non horsey hubbies

sally said...

Fern Valley - yes it was a fun camp and yes had to love my non horsey hubby for his help!!!

Terry said...

What a fun camp! The marine reserve sounds fantastic.

Rising Rainbow said...

Snorkeling sounds like fun. Seahorses and the like, how cool is that but I'd be thinking Jaws the whole time too and probably wouldn't sleep well under the sharks. LOL

You gotta love a man that takes care of his woman's horses like that.

Grey Horse Matters said...

The camp sounds like a blast. Snorkeling always looks like it would be fun but I haven't tried it.

You're lucky your other half helped out, I don't think mine would know what to do. I don't think he's ever even led a horse, then again he is allergic to them so I can't blame him.

Keepin' Up With The Jones said...

Sounds like so much fun!