Sunday dawned very cold but fine ....just a bit of cloud cover to dull the day. My day started with four children up making loads of noise and wanting breakfast. Fire burning, chooks fed, horses fed .....then it was time to feed hungry kids. The big plan was to get to Hokey and ride him. It was two weeks since the weather allowed for such a thing. Boring household chores meant that we didn't load up into the trailer until 2.30pm. It is a quick 5 minute trip down the road to Jude's arena where I ride for more formal stuff. I also like the safety of the fenced arena when Hokey is more on his toes.....that or a big hill is always good.
We had a good session with some work on the lunge then inhand work. Finally I got on. Hokey was pretty quiet which was great ....in fact quite the opposite to what he had indicated he would be earlier in the day. His huge roar around the paddock in the morning had obviously worn him out.
....now I just need the weather to be kind for a few more rides!
2 comments:
Glad he was good and not too up. Forget the boring housework, always. Ride first and clean up when you get. Home s my motto. ;)
That's Nice! You'll Have To Get Video Of The Roaring Hokey! Sounds Fun. Just As Long Add It Renderss Him So Quiet, Like Today!
Awesome Girl.
Post a Comment