Monday, August 5, 2013

looking between ears ....


The mountain clear in the distance .......little lambs arriving with the warmer weather and the days just that little tiny bit longer and brighter .....despite a few bucking bronco moments we had a lovely ride .....just trying to do the miles quietly ...and all the while adding new experiences. Hokey is very reactive when he is excited, nervous or worried .....the reactions always to buck. Some days I'm at my wits end .....but other days are fantastic. Any ideas????
this was my after ride solution .....left Hokey to dry after his post ride wash down  ....then had a cold beer to contemplate next moves

3 comments:

Val said...

I love ear pictures.

My plan is to send the horse forward in trot. I would probably ride a big figure eight in a field like that to burn some steam and get his brain back.

The landscape is beautiful!

L.Williams said...

Nothing like a beer after a ride.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Lovely pictures. I'd justl keep at it and keep calm. He just probably needs more miles with you. In the meantime that beer looks good!