Sunday, September 1, 2013

Spring!!!!

Today was the first day of spring ......the spring bulbs have been flowering for a while now and the calves and lambs are already skipping about. The day dawned perfect .....a cold breeze blowing but cloudless- so lovely. I didn't get to ride much as after my Friday ride  I sprained my ankle quite badly in the arena. To make it totally silly I did it by rolling my ankle on a hoof print in the sand. How silly is that. My poor friend she thought I had broken it when she turned to find me rolling around in the sand clutching my ankle crying. Geez it hurt. I normally don't cry ....just grit my teeth and take big breaths. But boy this got me!!!!
 Anyway that was Friday .....today it was still swollen and makes me limp but I discovered bareback was great as I didn't need to put my foot in a stirrup. So I worked Coco without a saddle and gave Hokey Pokey tie up time. Ella also rode with me and we played follow the leader which was fun. Her little pony is very sweet and puts up with her learning! and trying new things . What more could  mum ask for!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Hope the ankle feels better soon!

Val said...

Sprains can be really painful!

Who is the cute horse in the first photo?

sally said...

Yes Kate it was ouch ....but way better today and my OH has strapped it all up so it feels easier to walk on
Val - that cute horse is Coco a half Clydesdale mare. She was bought by my friend Jude and I'm going to buy into her. I'm having lessons on her at the moment. She is VERY forward and quite a lot of horse to have under you but hopefully we will have some fun. Hokey is hard work and I get down about the explosions he has. I'm looking at sending him to someone who can give him some major respect lessons so that at the end of the day I'm safe ....anyway we will see

Grey Horse Matters said...

Ouch! That sounds really painful. Take it easy until you heal. Great pictures?

Sherry Sikstrom said...

ouch!! hope you are on the mend , and yay for spring!

Malory said...

Hey there! You have a really neat blog!