Thursday, June 4, 2009

for sale

Hmmmmmmm.....had an interesting phonecall today from a lady interested in Jd. We talked at length and I said I really wanted her to come see him and try him to get a feel in different situations. It was after quite some time when I thought she was keen that she then said.......I have limited money....not much over a thousand.......will you come close to that and be negotiable on your 4500. Well as you can imagine I was sort of gobsmacked. I mean yes we can all be negotiable but that much !!!!!. She really was in dream world. So I asked her what was her ultimate horse???.......she replied with a huge description which summed up my other horse Trix. So I pointed out to her that it might be wise to save up between 6 and 10 k.....then she might get what she is looking for. So we hung up on a good note but it really did bring home the point which I had pointed out to this woman....I dont have to sell JD........Its not a major.just with building our new house on a small block of land I'm long term better off with one horse and the pony.
Anyway I'm looking at this sale process as a learning curve......and I do appreciate that some people are at different phases with their riding....I just need Jd to go to someone with a bit of horse sense and experience.
On a real positive I got plenty of spraying done today and Ella turned 6. So yes we had the party and cake...lots of fun

PS. ........oh and the 2nd course was amazing........gave me some faith back in the education system

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Hey girl! Just to let you know...had about 6 glasses of Rose for you last night...not quite Pimms, but close enough and I feel rough!!!!! Cant believe they are changing the NZ curriculum again...that is ridiculous...how many times do they have to keep re doing it? I have no idea what the curriculum here is like, we just teach whatever to be honest, Private schools can do what they like....thank goodness, dont think I could follow a curriculum!! Sounds like the horses are well and that JD will be around for a wee while yet! Going for my ride tomorrow....it looks a bit like rain, but the mums said they wanted to ride rain, hail or shine....I like their style!!!! If I get any photos, Ill email them though!
Take care
xoxox