Wednesday, June 10, 2009











I haven't written much in the last few days. Life has been so busy that I'm never sure if I'm Arthur or martha. Getting the kids and I out the door each morning is hard work on these wet winter mornings. After work I rush to collect the girls then its off to see the horses, muck them out and feed. They are always happy to see me and I get plenty of smooches(that is until hay and grass appear). The builders are now laying the timber flooring and we are now on the countdown to move in day. I cant wait. I cant wait to wake up in the morning ...look out the window and see my horses. It will make life so much easier and nicer


Anyway since I haven't got any photos of recent rides I thought I would add some photos from our hunt club 3 day trek in February. Sarah took the photos of us and they are truely fantastic and really give you an impression of the beautiful scenery here in Taranaki. The photo of Lisa going down the hill to the beach is a great one. I walked down this leading Trix. I felt it was too steep to ride. Spot the horses already on the beach.

2 comments:

jill said...

Lovely pictures! Beautiful scenary. Your mare is gorgeous.
Thanks for visting my blog. I'm looking forward to future posts on yours.
Jill

Lizzie said...

Hey Sal, looks like fun! Not long now till your in the house!!!! Not long till we are home!!!!! Went riding on Sunday, it was great, we went around the castle estate which is so pretty. Lots of stone walls, woods, pheasants and deer.....the horses have obviously become oblivious to pheasants as they were jumping out left, right and centre around us and the horses didnt blink an eye. Went for a couple of gallops and as a consequence couldnt walk properly for a couple of days!!! the saddles were really hard so its been tough sitting down lately!! hahaha. Cant wait to go for a ride with you....have looked on line for some gear to get when Im home....think I need to start again in the hat, chaps and boots department...was going to buy it here but we are on the hard save and it costs the same in NZ.What ride did you and Cathy do down south??? Kurt is keen to do it.
Hope all is well.
Lots of love Lizzie