Today has been a busy day racing around organising projects for Ella. She has pet day tomorrow. The weather has been terrible again so it looks like the pet lamb will be going to pet day in the rain. Today started terribly with the neighbours alsatian dog attacking the lamb. It was 6am and I was mixing the lambs bottle . I wasn't showered or dressed ...jus wandering around in my dressing gown and I saw the dog attack. I ran outside screaming at the dog and was fully prepared to attack the dog myself. Thankfully it ran away. The poor lamb is ok but is very stressed. The poor little thing has been nervous all day. I have moved her to a safer spot and have rung dog control to complain. The worst part is the dog has also growled at us many times and I really worry about the kids as its not behind a fence and roams up and down the road. It hasn't bothered the horses yet but still I dont trust it. Something will have to be done......so that is my mission this week to sort that out.
On a horsey note The local hunt club is organising a show with classes on the flat and classes over jumps. I'm helping organise it so have been getting onto different organisations for sponsorship. I have already got two major sponsors in the last half hour so am on target. I spent years on the Hunt club committee and made good friends. Its nice to be back in the social network and catching up with old friends.
Time with horses today was just a quick check to make sure rugs were all good in this pouring rain. I mucked out and fed some hay ......happy horses. Trix came over in the rain for a wee talk and asked for a head scratch. Then it was on with eating. Meanwhile I hope some people out there are enjoying some sunshine.
1 comment:
No sunshine here :( But I expect we'll get some nice fall days soon.
Post a Comment