Sunday, November 15, 2009











Gosh it seems ages since I have even turned the computer on and it seems strange to be staring at the screen tonight. So much has been happening that I'm not sure what pictures to add and what to write. Work has been crazy and I have end of year reports to write soon which always takes forever. I feel like I haven't had much riding and what I have done hasn't felt like enough . While I'm writing this the latest addition to the family is roaring around the lounge ......he is small fury and intent on trashing the lounge room. One small grey and white tabby kitten has wormed its way into our lives. When he gets big he is meant to catch rabbits and mice!!!!!

Trix is on a diet of not much grass and plenty of hay. The lush green grass I have growing everywhere is just too much for her. We have been doing the odd hack out with friends , schooling and I've continued to be brave and jump her. We are done with shows for a while. I'm too busy with work to worry about the stress of that. I have 3 lined up in the new year so in the meantime I have lots of fun rides to do with friends.

Next week the road next to our house is being made wider so all our road frontage is being ripped down. I lose pasture but we get our front fence redone in post and rails.So the horses will go to a friends house further up the road as I'm not brave enough to rely on them staying behind an electric tape until the new fence is built.
I thought I would add a photo of the girls on my friends quarter horse .....dont they look cute

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart to move the horses for the roadworks. Sometime, put up a photo of the new kitty - I'm a great cat fan! Really enjoyed seeing your children having fun on horseback - what a lovely QH!

*Sharon* said...

Ah, you're back! It is a weird thing, having this insight into strangers' lives through their blogs. I get quite worried when people don't post for a week or more. I imagine all sorts of horrible crises, disasters and drama.

But, of course, they're usually just busy.
Hang in there, the school holidays are coming...