I live on the edge of my family farm that for generations has been the venue for riding horses, dating back to my greatgrandfather who was the first master of the local Hunt Club. It is now where I enjoy riding and training my horses. This blog is now the story of Hokey Pokey, my Gypsy cob cross bred pony.
Monday, November 2, 2009
jumping
Well today has been a great day......well it was more spectacular at the end of the day. I finally got jumping and had a blast. At first I couldn't catch my horse. Trix didn't like my flapping coat so used it as an excuse to gallop like a mad thing around the paddock. Finally she let me put the halter on and followed me like a lamb to her stable where I tacked up. I figured she was well and truely warmed up already so we went straight into flat work then I thought what the hell and popped over a jump. It wasn't flash but then after a few more I was a little braver so we added in more and then I was looking for my stride and away we went. Ok the height wasn't huge....we're talking 70 -80cm but what a great start. She didn't falter (and not a buck to be felt!!!!!!!) and happily put up with me hugging her like a mad woman. I'm on cloud nine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Really exciting - she sounds like she enjoys jumping!
yes Kate it was really exciting and gave me a real boost. I'm super keen to go jumping more now...and she does seem to enjoy it
Post a Comment