Saturday, December 5, 2009

jumping


Well Trix got a bit of a jumping spree. A friend came and put her through her paces to see how she would go over the jumps at a bit higher than I do. She was an absolute doll and even not worked for some time (due to the rian) ...a bit unfit and not been jumped for a while she went just super. Stacey thought she was terrific and ended up putting my jumps to the highest they would go and cleared 1m 8cm. The few knock downs she did do were because I had a few turns a bit tight due the road fence being brought in a few metres. I was just thrilled to see her go so nicely and willing. I didn't get to ride today because the rain came again. I'm looking forward to getting school reports all finished then I have school holidays. I cant wait!!!!!!. A week and a half to go then freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like those knees over the fence - tight and high! Looks like she's got some jump in her and wonderful that she seems to like it as well.

jill said...

Maybe she's ready for a new career?
It does look like she's enjoying herself! Your friend looks like a lovely rider. Even though her foot has slipped back a bit, she is still able to "go" with Trixie over the jump and not interfere with her. Most folks would be losing their balance and falling foward on the horse right about then.
She's not, and they make a nice picture.

allhorsestuff said...

Freedom is close at hand for you and YEA!!!Happy to hear it for ya's....and WOW -Trixie mare..you look marvelous!
She is a special mare...glad for the great jumping review.
You still moving forward on finding her a new partner?
KK
PS
so sorry for the rain...I think you mat be having ours...we are cold-yet dry. I get to ride in that!