Allhorsestuff ......this is for you to answer your questions .......
My sister and I .....well where to begin. There is nearly a 5 year age gap between us and when you are at High school the gap is huge. We were bought our first ponies by a mum who hates horses and to this day can't quite believe she has still got two horse mad daughters. Our first ponies were Frithy and Polly .Two purebred welsh ponies....black and white. Well Polly was such a dark grey when we got her that she looked black. We rode bare back for hours and hours around the farm pretending our short rather fat little ponies were dashing steeds of noble blood. Imagination is a wonderful thing and for a few years no one shattered our illusions. Life was sweet!!!!!!. We were invincible .....about to win the olympics of course. I was 12 and Pip was of course about 8.
We didn't get to pony club with our horses unless we could grab a ride with someone else which was nearly never. Every item of horse gear was worked hard for . We worked in sheep shearing sheds, hay fields, babysitting etc to earn the money to shoe and clothe our horses. The horses as we grew changed. Money wasn't growing on trees and sometimes over the years the horses we have ridden have reflected that.But all through my childhood horses smelt good, looked beautiful, and gave us an out from the stress of growing up, family dramas, school, exams, and just life.
I spent time living in America in my senior year....went to university .....lived in England.....then back to NZ ......My sister spent some time living in America .....NZ....Australia ....NZ.....Australia ....and while thats where she is now I have to say she is a best friend.....I love her to bits and everytime we are together we always manage to ride together. Each time the horses are different but the rides are the same in the respect we enjoy each others company(I'll find some pictures and post later). My relationship has changed with Pip over the years. I'd like to think we are closer than ever. The age gap is of no relevance any more. I love watching her progress with her riding and horses despite the challenges she faces. So all my sisterly love Pip when you read this.
Next Question ........yes Trix is still in the paddock. I took a leaf out of greyhorsematters and am dealing with whats in my paddock. Bucks and all she is still cute. We are going to attempt a show hunter show this weekend and then I have the Taranaki 3 day hunt club Trek in March. With School starting back this week time will be a challenge but we will try to keep up with the riding (lots of)
Oh and me and my big mouth .......the wonderful hot hot hot weather of yesterday disappeared today and Trix is back in a mid season rug while I mucked out the paddock in track pants and a jersey in howling winds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
OH! Thanks for that delightful time of finding out about YOU! That is the best..riding sisters! I am 11 years younger and while my pony rding days did the same for me..as yours did for you..it was with my babysitters daughter. I had to wait for my fist horse Washashe,(which she gave to me) to be able to ride with my sissy!
Good on you...for riding what is in your paddock.Trixie will teach you much, beauty that she is!I learn sooo much from others here in Bloggertville!
Thanks for all of that!
XO
Kac
Post a Comment