Tuesday, February 2, 2010

muggy weather

Today was my first fay back at school for the year and boy was it hot. It wasn't too bad to start with but by the end of the day the humidity was just disgusting.The poor students were melting. In the hills behind us huge thunderheads grew to monstrous proportions and by 4 in the afternoon the rain came down. All this is very depressing for local farmers as many paddocks had been cut for hay and we dont usually get rain from the east. I know several farmers who have even given up trying to save their hay. It all means that some people will have to now buy hay in from other districts.
I'm glad that I got some nice hay for my barn!!!
I rode Trix tonight ....tried to school but the field was quite wet from the downpour and I was worried about slipping at the canter. We did lots of lovely trot and walk changes with a few canter strides put in where we could ....just not right round as it really was slippery!!!!
After a good hose, dry off and dinner Trix was happy. I was glad for a shower too!!!! (cold) ......and a wine!!!
This weekend we have our first show in a while. I am going to enter in the pleasure hunter ring and see how we go.The only problem is I am helping take entries at 9am .I then have to help a judge with a pony ring in the morning. So getting ready for my ring will be a rush.
The show is a new event in the show season so it will be interesting to see what it attracts.

2 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

Oh how fun...you certainly do help out too!I hope the rush of it all-does not effect Trix..Wa hates it, if I rush!
can't wait to hear more~
KK

jill said...

Good luck to you. I can't wait for school to be out, and you're just starting.
Try and get pics from your class at the show!