Thursday, January 14, 2010

time off

The last week has been sort of weird ......started off thinking I had food poisoning. But when I was still feeling sick 4 days later went to the doctor and then ended up in hospital. And aren't they just the most aweful places to be!!!!!. After being on a drip for too days...nothing to eat of drink with surgery looming....needles going in everywhere.....scanned in lots of horrible places...the doctors decided I had a cyst on my ovaries burst ....hence the pain and sick feeling. The other option was my appendix, but they decided it wasn't hard enough.Well as soon as I was allowed out I was in the car and home quicker than a flash. It was pretty sobering being in a surgical ward surrounded by really sick woman. Most a lot older and half due to cancer. You take a good look at the life you lead and its another reminder to treasure your time on earth .....take care of you self and love your friends and family.So having left hospital and being told no riding for a few days I'm just in computer mode.....reading .....and maybe later Tigger and Trix will get a bath.
I always find grooming my horses the most relaxing , rewarding task. To take a dirty, shaggy pony and leave it all glowing, shiny, and neat is great. My sister always rolls her eyes. She jokes that she could brew a coffee and drink it in the time it takes me to get ready.
Before I got sick Sonya and I did a great ride up at her place. I got a shot of Trix tied to the float before we went. It was a steep muddy ride through some really wild country. It was a shame that the camera was flat when we got back because the mud look was comical.We had scrambled across slips...through swamps....and along a narrow hunting track.
Happy riding days !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better and got away from the hospital! Take it easy until you feel all well.

I love grooming, too - it's probably my favorite horse-related activity.

jill said...

Gosh yours is the second post I've read today where the writer has ended up in the hospital!
Thank goodness you're doing better, how scarey.
Take care!