

Today was one of those days when you are never sure if the weather is going to rain or not. In the distance the rain was falling......it threatened all day....came close.....drizzle....a bit harder.....looked like it was going to pour....BUT never came to anything. So all day I thought Oh good it looks ok I'll go for a ride and when I get to the horses it rains a bit harder so I go inside and you guessed it!!!! it stops. Finally at 4.30 pm I get going. I rode Trix today as she hasn't had much work. She enjoyed a farm ride. We had a bit of a schooling session in the gully below the house. The sheep were a bit of a distraction at first but she settled down and managed to go quite well. After her ride I gave her a bath as the white bits were a dark shade of brown from all the dust. Then of course she rolled in the first dust bowl she walked to. Thank goodness I put a decent rug on first.
Yesterday was interesting. We drove about 4o minutes to see Whiskey, a small 12.2hh white pony for Ella. We found out about him through word of mouth. A good friend of my best friend had told another friend about Whiskey and they rang me. The owners are simply looking for a good home for him.... and wow he is a sweety. Even Ella who doesn't know much and who has never been off a lead line was able to ride him off the lead. I wasn't sure about the white ....hmmmmm some one must be trying to punish me with all these grey horses!!!!!
Anyway the owners are now going to find another pony for their daughter, one thats more a 2nd pony...a bit more free moving and forward. So I said no hurry we will just take Whiskey when they get another pony. So in the months to come another pony will be in our paddock.
The wonderful thing is my girls will then have a pony each and I can take them both round the farm. Of course to start I will be walking. I figure it will be good for my butt to be walking!!!
4 comments:
A pony! How fun (although I agree with you about the grey - I've only had one grey horse and it's a pain - but wait, your horse has lots of white, so it's the same thing really!)!
Oh boy yes!!!! Trix might as well be all white. The white she does have takes over. I figure at least I;m already good at washing white horses
Whiskey looks so adorable, I'd love to have him myself for my granddaughter. Love your horse in the heading picture she is gorgeous and I love her name. Good luck with the pony.
How cute is Whiskey!?! What a lucky find but I don't envy you all that white.
Post a Comment