Thursday, February 4, 2010

show prep

I have a visitor in the paddock tonight for a sleepover. Sonya rode Trix down to my place and we did schooling this afternoon until we got so hot that it was unbearable. Rosie was left in the paddock for the night and we will school agian tomorrow.Trix is going fantastic at the trot and when we have time to really work ourselves in we can do some nice canter work. I feel like I'm actually taking little steps forward. Trix probably thinks its too hot to get all stressy with me anyway .......easier to be nice!!!!!.
Tomorrow we start washing the tail the first of a million times to get the oh so white look .....I'm also going to the show venue to help set up tents for the lunch barbeque and show registrations. The afternoon will be spent getting all my gear together. You know the old story ......where are the gloves .....hair net ...... stock ......stock pin. I will try to get photos!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the show!

Grey Horse Matters said...

The show sounds like it will be lots of fun. Wish it were warmer here.

Julie said...

Oh my - what a beauty!! We are breeding for a pinto this year!

Enjoyed visiting your blog!
Julie
www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

allhorsestuff said...

Yes...hight heat is good for that nice horsey!
Can't wait for the pics!! Praying for a good ol time..with ribbons!
KK

sally said...

thanks for the luck everyone ....have had busy time scrubbing legs and tail today.
Julie glad you enjoyed visiting my blog .....pray for a pinto with a dark tail