


Things have been really busy down under here in Taranaki NZ.......I finished the school term and the weekend went in a flash. I'm not sure where it went but sure enough its gone and to be honest because of the rain it went in a somewhat boring blur of washing , housework, reading books (all the while gazing at the falling rain). We got a dog on trial Sunday but he went home today as it just wasn't working. He was a 11month old rottweiler pup and was great with us but very growly and snappy at people he didn't know. We decided that it wasn't worth the risk of someone we knew getting hurt. So he was collected tonight and I was sad to see him go.
The foals were put into the float in the weekend as well and taken to Judes arena . She had organised for two trainers to come over from Taupo for two days. It was western training for the riders but I had Peter work with me and the foals on the ground. It was fantastic and we just focused on moving forward.....stopping when asked and not moving off unless asked. This is all important ground work so that when they are big they have respect for my space and are respectful to handle. We also did work on backing up. This was great for floating. When I unloaded they just backed off perfect. The other great thing about the training session was they were worked in the arena with other horses being ridden so they had to deal with that too. The session also confirmed that I was on track with the way I had been handling Hokey and Mosaic
I now will practice what we have been taught and then Peter will hopefully be back before long to give us more to work on. I was impressed with his whole manner. He was consistent, calm, clear in what he asked and just had a really nice way with the foals.
On a completely different note my Dads brother passed away this week so we have his funeral Thursday. While its sad it was a blessing as he has been really sick and had no idea who anyone was.
Tomorrow I'm off up the road to ride with my neighbour. She has Fresian horses so that should be fun. I will take my camera for that ride to be sure!!
2 comments:
Looks lie good work you are doing with the young ones. Sorry for your loss
Hi Sally!
Look at your foals...they seem to be growing up and filling out too! Nice work and makes me want one...everyone is telling me to breed Wa...And I really want too.
So sorry about your Uncle(is that right?) bet your dad is heart struck...loosing a brother..man. Hope the service was uplifting somehow..looking over his life.
Be well~
KK
Post a Comment