Monday, August 2, 2010

winter babies











Today after I got home from work I let the pony into the garden to have a nibble of fresh grass on the front lawn. My husband had quite a horrified look on his face but as I said 'she wont go far trust me'. Pebbles being just 11hh high of course is on a permanent diet so the opportunity to eat the lawn was her idea of heaven. I went for my walk and yes you guessed it Pebbles was still in the same spot 4o min later. My walk took me up the road 1km and a half to where the foals are grazing at my friends place. They had a taste of their first carrot which was mouthed .....sort of chewed and spat out. Hokey was the braver and had a good munch but then spat a mouthfull out. I'm sure they will learn they are pretty good things to eat soon enough. So after my cuddle and scratch session I left them happy. They both have favourite scratch spots and I spend a bit of time scratching them. Their little heads pull all sorts of excited faces .....noses quiver and eyes go into a dreamy haze. Its ever so cute to watch .....followed by the slightly slacked off look when I stop. I walked home with the sun setting and the air surprisingly warm. There are baby lambs popping out everywhere and of course loads of baby calves. Spring does feel like its on its way.

4 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sounds like a nice afternoon. Looks to be greening up there nicely

Grey Horse Matters said...

The pictures are adorable. How cute are they? It looks to me that you will be getting some nice spring weather soon. It's so green there for coming out of winter. I'll trade you our winters for yours.

allhorsestuff said...

Very sweet day! Funny about the carrot!They are so whooly and cute these days! So are you...all bundled up~
Yea...SPRINGS earliest sightings are there for you! Won't be too long now!
KK

allhorsestuff said...

Oh...PS.. glad that the bugs are going away and you have energies to get about!