OK I know I do bleep on and on about the rain but wow there seems to be no end to it. We have been hit by a mother of a storm. In the gully behind us trees are down. Most of our road was without power all day and my poor horses were wallowing in mud to a point that I gave up and shifted them to a completely different paddock where hopefully they can get out of the weather to some degree. I have one box and the past few days I wish I had a whole barn. Maggie doesn't like being in the shed so its not an option to put her away and If I put Pebbles inside poor Maggie would stress out so they are both out. But they have warm waterproof rugs on so its ok.......
Last night I went online looking at properties in Australia .....was in that 'I need hot dry weather' mode. I found a few nice properties but then thought maybe the sun will come out.
Hokey and Mosaic are coping with the weather. They seem to love flying round their paddock slipping and sliding. They are still pretty fluffy so have a good coat to keep them warm. They both winnie out when I go to them and love getting their scratches.
3 comments:
We finally got sunshine yesterday, but the summer is over .I was -8C in the morning and only got to about 7 during the day, but the sun and blue sky did make it feel nicer
that storm was awful! it hardly felt like it hit auckland at all, apart from being windy and wet- which is nothing new.
some of the farriers were down the line though and said it was shocking.
poor ponies!
that's so kiwi - every winter/bad weather we all look at jobs/houses in aussie haha
Yes Hurricanes12 .....the idea of Aussie is a lure in the winter for sure.The idea of so many snakes puts me off though
Post a Comment