


Today dawned with yet more rain....sideways rain I might add. Bed seemed such a good option when the curtains were pulled, but with Olivia's friends birthday party in the morning It was up and at em. My cousin came round to bathe her son and do washing as she had no power. The 2nd day in a row due to the weather. I mucked out the horses and fed them and was soooooo glad I had moved them. They were happy which made me feel good. Isn't it funny how we as horse owners are only truely happy when we know our horses are well fed, warm, happy and safe.
This afternoon I spent some time with Hokey and Mosaic. The big plan was to curry them to get rid of the fluff that is shedding like crazy. Of course they had just rolled in the mud as I arrived. There was no way I was going to be able to brush that. So they got their feet picked out....a worm paste down their throats .....and some handling. The mud and hairy coats will have to wait for a fine day.It was time well spent and nice to just have a bit of me time. The nice thing is after this next week of work I have two weeks off ......yay!!!!
The middle picture is actually of the rain .....it just doesn't show up in the photo that small ( just in case you are wondering what its there for
6 comments:
Gotta love those hairy babies - what cuties! Hope your deluge lets up soon!
thanks Kate aren;t they cute ....hope youre going well choosing your new horse ....still like the black and white
Wow, you have a gorgeous place! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi! I sure wish we could get even just a little of the rain that you've had. It's so dry here, the crops are all coming in a month or more early! I see you are raising fox-hunters...that's what my mare and I were just getting into before she came up lame. I have to say, fox-hunting is easily one of the most addicting horse sports out there - and so fun!
i hope you're finally getting some sun down there?
we've had a couple of days of sun so hopefully the weather's getting it's act together :)
hey there Spotteddrafter ...I will blow some rain your way....and yes hunting is addictive. I just love the socializing!
And yes Hurricanes12 the sun peeps out between snow flurries and thunderstorms!!!!
Oh...yea, i know that sentiment all too well of late...have NOT been truly happy for a time with my PBO skipping out of her duties and allowing my mare and now my sissy's to be neglected and remain hurt..w/o noticing.
It will get better for me...and I pray my sissy can relax till she can join me at a more professional place.
Your babies...man are they cute! Good they have the thick coats, for the sideways rains...does it very cold?
KK
Post a Comment