Gosh another week has just gone by and I'm not sure where time has gone. This weekend we have a public holiday Monday so it makes a lovely long weekend. The weather is meant to be beautiful and so we will get time to ride!!!!!. I'm up early as the dog barks at 6.30 to be let off. It was my plan to sleep in and have a lazy morning but Crockett was up for an early start. It is the most beautiful day out there and Tash and I have planned to do a nice long trail ride this morning.......so more later on that one.
Yesterday the blacksmith came to do everyones feet. Hokey and Mosaic got a trim and were good boys and Pebbles also got a much need trim as well .....and then Maggie got hind trim and finally I decided to have front shoes on. With such a wet winter we have been stuck riding on the road ways and despite using the grass verges her front feet just weren't coping as well as I would have liked. She does have beautiful hooves .....strong and black and we might have been fine but ....hhmmmm shoes it is. I am a bit bummed as I prefer the barefoot option however -
I owe Tash heaps as she had to hold all four horses for me, then hers horse and karens. I normally dont work Fridays but had been asked to work and the money is always nice so I took the days teaching.
And on that teaching note I can hardly move today (riding could be interesting). Yesterday I spent half my day playing touch rugby with my class. We had a ball ( excuse the pun). My kids love it when I get out there and play with them ......the only problem being they are 9,10, and 11 and I'm not. Geeeeee I'm sore today. So anyway more to come later for todays adventure on horseback
2 comments:
Nice that you will have good weather for the weekenf , hope you loosen up enough to enjoy a ride
thanks fernvalley .....I did loosen up a bit but am sooooo ready for bed tonight. I hope the body feels a bit better in the morning. I did enjoy my ride too
Post a Comment