Sunday, February 13, 2011

a bit of green scenery











Wow I have been busy over the last few days ....as I sit here tonight I feel somewhat knackered yet so satisfied. Tonight I helped put in a whole field of hay .....I came home dusty covered in sweat but towing a trailer of hay for my shed. A shower was heaven sent and boy did it feel good to blow my nose and get rid of the dirt and grime. So I'm getting closer to my desired amount of hay .....but throwing bales around for hours on end is hard work! oh and that is a well deserved beer after mowing my lawns!


Last night I went to town with three girl friends to see a show consisting of spanish dancing stallions(from Australia and touring NZ). There were friesians, andalusians and lippazanas .....they were absolutely stunning and we got to see them doing a whole lot of movements over a two hour period. I could have taken several home in a heart beat. I will have to post some photos!


We then went out for dinner to this really gorgeous place over looking the sea on the edge of our local museum. It was so hot we sat outside . It was the perfect place to have a few drinks ....the odd cocktail ....then home we came to have a bottle of bubbles outside. It was just too hot to be inside. Tonight is hotter than ever and we dont have aircon. Its 10.30pm and 27 C with humidity to match.



I've had some great rides on Diego. He is going so well. At the moment I'm really just concentrating on hacking out to get him used to all the things out and about and to build up some fitness before we get into any serious schooling. Its too hot to do much else anyway ......gosh I need some snow to roll in!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see some green! So, you want snow . . . I'll bet I know where you can find some!

wilsonc said...

Wow girl! You are living the good life! A hard days work, a cold beer, out with friends, and a horseback ride all in a few days time. Lovely place you have there. Lovely horse too. He looks like he walks out with a good amount of energy considering the heat.

Grey Horse Matters said...

The green pictures are refreshing for us up here buried in snow. It's snowing outside right now as a matter of fact. I could send you some snowballs in a cooler if you'd like.

Sounds like you got lots of good work done today. It's great to blow your nose after that isn't it?

Hurricanes12 said...

i for one, would love some snow in new zealand right now. if anyone's sending any, make sure it does a detour through auckland ;)

the beer looks so good, all the farriers i'm working with are probably single handedly keeping heineken in business at the moment!

Badger said...

Hello Sally, that beer looks inviting. I have another blog I started last month. thirtymilesout.tumblr.com stop by for a visit, hope all is well.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Diego looks great! And I love the greenery!Thanks

sally said...

well my north snow bound friends .....snow in a cooler is a great idea. I could so do with some!!!!!!!!!!. And of course it could go via Auckland for Hurricanes12. The humidity is still awful .....meant to be worse over the next few days. In the high 90'sF temperatures. Yuk. Not good to ride in and certainly not nice to work in. glad you are enjoying the green grass shots

Rising Rainbow said...

It's so refreshing to see summer even if it is only in your pics. If I'd thrown that much hay I'd be laid up for a week instead of going out with friends. Sounds like it was an amazing show.

Unknown said...

I would happily send you over some rain and cold ;) Looks lovely :)