Okay the week has been and gone and yes you guessed it I have been mowing lawns again....only this time the beer fridge was empty (major bummer). On the up side of things as I stopped half way through I decided to catch Diegoa and go for a quick ride. It was just what I needed to get inspired for the rest of the lawns .....but anyway I'm off track -let me set the scene.......it is 3pm and Im facing a huge field of hay just baled. Yes I'm back working my butt off again!!!!!!!!!!!!. It was stinking hot ......I have a keen group of boys to help - 17years old and keen but not many clues on how to stack a barn.......so they got taught ........then came the moment the tractor sweep broke and we were left using a 4wd and trailer. This meant backing.
Now girls this is where we come into our own ......I mean we all have trailers and we have to be able to back. I might be a female but boys out there - this girl is the queen of backing a trailer.
I stood back and watched one after another try to back the trailer into the barn.......finally I said to them "do you want me to try" ........and totally perfect I did it. So all horse riders we certainly do have one up on most ......we can reverse a trailer and can be proud of it. I had lots of satisfaction as these boys just thought they were the men . So for a few hours they were totally reliant on me backing the hay into the shed.
Right about now though I am shattered. I need to gently remind myself that I'm no spring chicken. Since starting doing hay I have got really fit ......my arms look fabulous but boy its hard work. Bed tonight is going to be a gorgeous place.....then in the morning I have a wedding to set up for at the winery.....no rest for the wicked. I just hope I get a ride in later
4 comments:
I can pretty much put a trailer anywhere it needs to fit. My husband is not nearly as proficient and it really bugs him. LOL
I cringe every time I hear you mention bucking hay. My body is too old for that stuff but my husband may be getting a job in Texas. If that happens I'll be the one getting two loads of hay a week. Guess I'll be building my body up some more too.
There's nothing like stacking bales to get in shape, who needs Pilates!
It's a good feeling to show the "men" how to do it sometimes. Backing in a trailer when they can't gives them a better perspective of how we woman can do "manly" things.
Time to fill the beer fridge.
hey, just started following your blog, I come from taranaki and have two horses. I look froward to reading your blog.
Too true...the Lord says, ..."there is no rest for the wicked"...but that-you are not! So there is rest for the weary!
H opeyou got it too...though the next day was on-on!
Loved this, it is true too, us horsey gals, we know where to properly place the hind end> of a trailer!
And, ours on a horse!
KK
Post a Comment