Thursday, March 31, 2011

another ride and loads of lawns to mow

Another day dawned with not a lot of work happening .......well thats not entirely correct - plenty of unpaid work but not much paid. Yes another day of not teaching ( long story) so I stayed home and did house work ......and lawns. We have a huge lawn........and a push mower. A ride on would be wonderful. Its often mentioned by all the truckies and farmers that drive past "why dont you get a ride on" .......well I figure at my age the beautiful rear end doesn't stay that way by sitting on a ride on mower. Attempting to look gorgeous comes with hard work and so on that note I'll stick to 3 hours mowing lawns a week ( something for the guys to looks at). I figure that in ten years time I'll have a bigger property with more horses......a little lawn and liposuction .....oh and a ride on mower. And on that we funny note I had a lovely ride today around the farm. Crockett dragged his usual stick that wouldn't fit through any of the gates....lots of problem solving going on I can tell you......"hmmmmmm how do I fit - oh maybe if I turn sideways ......". Poor Diego had to cope with a few swipes with the sticks. The cows were intrigued by the dog and his stick .....they chased him so he had to hide - you guessed it behind me and the horse. Work tomorrow - the paid sort!!!!!

5 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

I............dont know what to say!Lol

jill said...

Stable work does keep one in..."condition" doesn't it? ;-)

We are still waiting on some grass to grow so we will have something to mow!!! Still too chilly here for spring...grumble,grumble.

Grey Horse Matters said...

The good news is that you have grass to mow. Funny post Sally.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Still 3 feet of snow between me and my lawn .sigh ,it will get here , warming up steady now. Farm work and paid work , Funny how the paid work is often easier , but far less enjoyable

Rising Rainbow said...

We have lots of grass to mow put it's too freaking wet. I was thinking I might just turn horses out in the yard and let them cut the grass down.

You're so right about the push mower being good exercise. It probably even counts as resistance training which is good for more than your tush, bone density is a big deal.

What is it with dogs and sticks bigger than they are trying to get through places they don't fit. I've had many a good laugh here over that scenario.

Glad you got to ride and that a working day with cash involved is coming your way.