Tuesday, March 29, 2011

shadows



Last night as the evening light faded I took Diego for a small farm ride with the dog running ahead chasing the bugs up off the grass.Our shadow horse trotted along side keeping us company.

8 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

Always a good sign, when the "other horse" comes along! It would be odd without it? having said that, I do hope you didnt talk to it?Lol!!

Sorry, couldnt resist!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

"Me and my Shadow" Looks like a nice ride

allhorsestuff said...

The Shadow Rider is my favorite partner, most times! Your shadow steed is handsome!

Have you ever seen my video? Shadow rider galloping on the beach? It's so funny!
I think it's on the bottom of my blog..and I think, if you hit one video..it'll allow you to any of them.

How is that Diego doing??
Have you decided on a saddle direction? I meant to get a cool pamphlet or you on the ANSUR saddles like I got at the Washingtim Expo. I did not make it to the Oregon Expo to get one. I will write for one for you, neat info.(was pricing my tack that day)
Love the HORSE in the headewr...I still cant believe they are growing up this fast!

allhorsestuff said...

Better yet! Go to You Tube, search ALLHORSESTUFF you'll get all of them-right therre-for you viewing pleasure(or boredom!) I recommend Cattle drive/Dec Rolling frenzy/Treat talk
Have fun! The What can it be now...I shaved her whiskers off..it was so sad!! She had no idea where her face was -it took me over an hour, before she'd eat anythig!

Rising Rainbow said...

That shadow horse can be a killer. I've seen horses spook at that funny looking shadow when there's a rider on it's back.

sally said...

Cheyenne ....sorry just about wet my pants laughing at your comment. Didn't help that my friend and I have just drunk far too much wine.......wont say yay or nay about talking to the other horse (shadow).....you'll have to come to NZ to find out that one!

sally said...

Yes fernvalley it was a lovely ride. We are having the perfect Indian summer. Sun shine and balmy days although the nights are cold.
Kacey - I have seen your shadow video clips. Your Wa mare creates the most beautiful shadow horse .....Diego is going great. We have lots to work on but he is fantastic to ride out by himself which Is important for the type of riding I do during week days. I need to know that my horse is good in traffic, good with hundreds of sheep darting down from hiding spots on hills .....good with young heifers running up behind.....and then of course there is the crazy lab Crockett!!!!
I will have to look into your saddle more. I have't yet. Have you got yours yet?
RR - yes the old shadow can play funny mind games with some horses ....or even better the reflection in the window gets a better response!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Great picture of the shadow horse. I've never gotten a picture like that but maybe if the sun ever shows around here I'll gibe it a try.