Monday, June 27, 2011

cold cold cold

After days off I have finally got back to my blog to catch up with everyone. I have to confess I'm going to have to spend a bit of reading time to catch up with all the latest news. Its fun to see all the sunny weather in the northern hemisphere. You guys soooo deserve the warmth and sun after such a long cold winter.
 Our mountain had a beautiful coat of snow this morning and the kids had fun stomping around on the frosty ground while waiting for the bus.Winter is here!!!!!!. Mud and all!!!!!
I have been in Auckland and flew home after I knew my Dad was Okay. He did great with his surgery and is out of intensive care and in a general ward. My Mum says he is as grumpy as a @#$*. So I guess that means he is okay. It has been a relief that so far things are all good.
 Back home I went for a much needed ride on Diego. We squelched our way through paddocks attempting to trot ....aall the while each hoof would be sucked into place. My poor boy got a real sweat up with the effort.The sun is meant to shine later in the week so I have more rides planned along with some work on Hokey and Mosaic.
 My new horse float is all ordered. I just have to wait while it is being made. I cant wait to get it. In the mean time the company are happy to lend me a different float to use. It just means a 5 hour drive to get it. The positive in this situation is that I will have a float over the school holidays to get to the beach for beach riding. With all the mud I figure riding on the sand is a good idea.Anyway happy days everyone. I will try to catch up with you all soon

6 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad to hear that your Dad is doing well.

Riding on the beach sounds like a better idea than sloshing through the mud. Seems so odd that we're warm and you're cold. Have fun riding this week.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your dad is doing OK!

And a ride on Diego - that must have been nice. And a new float - how exciting!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Glad to hear your dad is doing well, and that you got in a little riding as well

Hurricanes12 said...

haha well done getting the motivation to ride! i know i'm seriously lacking some of that with all the mud everywhere!

glad you're dad's getting better, must be a huge relief for the whole family :)

oh and by the way, i was just browsing gypsy cobs on trademe and was sure i saw one of your boys..

sally said...

Yes everyone the ride was great ....and yes Hurricanes one of my cobs is listed for sale. I had actually thought when my Dad got sick that I would try to get down to one horse. Everything had got sort of too much. But alas they are all still with me.

allhorsestuff said...

Hello Sally dear... I'm gonna have to try to be so beautifully positive ...when our center comes back ! Your attitude ROCKS..I am touching the screen to try to suck some up for myself. "~'

So glad to hear your dad is pissy, it does mean he is fighting and closer to normal. We are pulling for him here.

Your Header is dreamy of Diego, really lovely.
I'm sooo loving my saddle...I thought of it, cause it was made from scratch...your " float" is too?? Like to see a photo of it' s make..or a link to the co.
How great is it that you are loaned one till yours is ready !

Looking forward to the sandy shores riding for you!
XO
Kac