Thursday, June 9, 2011

finally the sun shines(briefly)





















Today was a well needed glimpse of sunshine .........I managed a lovely ride around the farm on Diego. The mud was really deep in places and made going for a trot or canter near impossible.....but we splashed our way through the paddocks. The dog was in heaven. He managed to dive into every mud puddle ....slime hole and creek we came across.Needless to say he got a good hose when we got home. We rode past camelia bushes in full flower ....red hot pokers popping up on the banks all in their fiery orange glow and then of course because the worlds weather is completely up the wop ....we rode past (in the 2nd week of winter) spring bulbs in flower.Back home a clean dog was allowed in the car to drive to the yearlings to give them their hay.Tomorrow the torrential rain returns but the world is a better place for being sunny today!









3 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

Hi!......You`ve hit the nail on the head there. Its 10 deg C here! In the first week of June! The grass for silage and hay. has been slow, up to now not a field has been cut!

God help the price of feed come the winter.

Hope you and yours are well.

allhorsestuff said...

Sally girl!
Really had you on the heart. So beautiful to see (cool header) and here from ya!

Yes, wonky weather all around...Camellias are poor bright spot-before spring-here! a What's that mean?
So happy you got that ride..even if it was a wee tame one. My stess relief rides -LATELY- have been-all out hacks! The mare loves it..greets me at the gate-let's go girl!
The New saddle seems to be like second skin. I'm falling over happy.

Diego's mane splits, right where Wa's does...it could be a shot of me riding when I look at it. Have you ever hunter' d him up with the"pulled"mane look..I don't recall.

Isn't nice to ride with your chocolate dog..I love that. Someday,maybe.
BE WELL friend, sending hugs to your dad ~
And to you!
XO
KK

sally said...

Cheyenne .....yes I'd be saving for xtra feed now if I was you. Like you guys we had really poor growth for hay and silage. Paddocks that normally yeilded over a thousand bales were down to about 600. I'm not sure what you pay for a small bale of hay ?? normally? It is about $10 - $15 here which is pricey

Kacy .....am sooooo glad your saddle is proving to be a dream machine. I guess it has made the wait worth it. Deigo has had his mane all pulled and smart but alas winter woolies are the flavour of the month complete with longer mane.Happy sunny days out riding for you