Well today dawned somewhat freezing ......snow flurries......freezing cold wind .....cold grey sky and a hidden mountain. A little later in the day the clouds lifted to display the most amazing snow fall.
I spent the day with a gorgeous friend helping her with her horse ....then stopped at another friends for a wine on the way home.Tonight another event took place ......my beautiful Diego is on his way to Wellington to start life as a serious show horse. He has everything going for him ....the straight action, the clean legs....the willingness to learn. His new rider is a talented young rider who has dreams of getting to New Zealand Horse of the Year. So I told her if she qualifies I will sponsor her.
It will be sad to see him go but I have the two young ones who now need to be dealt with. They need to be my focus .I will also have a bit more time to help my brother on the farm ...and spend with my Dad.



6 comments:
Funny we are finally getting some decent summer weather! Stay warm my friend
I'm sure you will miss Diego but he seems to have found a nice deal. It's so odd to think we're in the heat and you're in the snow. It's good you will have more time to spend with your Dad.
hope you're having lots of fun in the snow and not gtng tooo cold haha; and good luck to diego with his new owner. he's so pretty i bet he'd make an awesome show horse. :)
Good Luck Diego! (0: I hope she keeps you/us posted on his progress!
I'm getting the same weather as FV! It's about time!
Stay warm and enjoy the time with your family!
Oh, heart of Diego, sad to see him go but how hopeful his new girl sounds. I do hope you get to sponsor them!
I don't know how you do it Sally..Trix, the beautiful grey mare Diego,...all loved by you and now another's fine steed. I don't know if I could love a horse, and let them go!
I'm glad the boys remain yours to train up though!
(Catching up...spoke too soon about winter/ summer!)
...and glad too, for one horse down, and the extra time gained- for family!!
XO
Kac
Post a Comment