Thursday, August 11, 2011

A day at home

Today started early with the rain falling. I went to the local High School for the morning as a temp. It was kinda of strange teaching maths to 16 year olds ....especially as I 'm not familiar with this level of maths anymore. Anyway I survived and the kids were good. I ended up coming home early as my oldest was sick. The fire is now going ....she is asleep ......and the horse poo in the paddock beckons "come pick me up". Hokey Pokey and Mosaic are being fed twice a day so they will think it's early dinner coming ....but alas they will have to wait.They are fast shedding out their winter coats and everytime they roll there is a patch of hair left. So the paddock looks like it has sprouted brown and white spots. Poor old Pebbles has to have her coat brushed out each spring now as she is getting so old it doesn't fall out normally. I will attack her with a brush in the morning!!!!!
 We have snow warnings for Sunday so I can tell it will be a cold weekend ......roll on Summer

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I was always terrible in math. Glad it went well at school. Hope your girl feels better soon.

There's always poo to pick isn't there? Sounds like they're shedding so the weather must be going in the right direction...except for the snow this weekend that is.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sunmmer is comming for you ! we are slowly getting some good weather again ,hoping for a few more dasy to get the hay up

sally said...

GHM and FV .....I always remember your winter weather like it was yesterday and even though we are having a cold snap we get nothing like the snow you get so I'm not complaining ....although some warm sun would be lovely to get the grass growing!