Earlier in the week we had the most amazing amount of snow .......it snowed simply everywhere including where I work which is practically at sea level .....in fact for a place in the world where it doesn't normally snow it was kind of incredible . The kids at school were completely in awe of the huge white flakes swirling down at great rates. Within minutes the fields were white...... closer to the mountain snow is more normal but even they had great depths not often seen. Where I rode with my sister a couple of weeks ago was feet deep in places. Quite hard to believe!
Then today, the other end of the week was the complete opposite. It was warm - spring like ......the only reminder of the winter storm was the incredibly snow covered Mount Taranaki rising above the hills.
Today I took Hokey Pokey for a hour long walk away from Mosaic. My friend Kaz rode her dun 'Barney'. We left her young horse with Mosaic for company. It was the first time my two have ever been separated. I have to admit I was slightly worried about how it was all going to go. But I need not have worried. Hokey was a dream .....not at all worried by traffic ...sheep ...mud ....Barney galloping off. In fact he was more interested in the grass when given the opportunity. Some of the hills were quite steep so I'm not sure who was sweating more -him or me!!!!. If I start walking both horses out all upcoming summer I'll certainly be fit ....bikini here I come
When I got back Mosaic was settled although he was a bit hot and bothered so he had been doing a fair bit of running around. He was so pleased to see us back.....next time he will be the one I take out. I just want to get them both used to going away from each other. Its also a good time to do some valuable ground work as we go.Any venture out also involves a bit of road work so they are well used to traffic.
Back on the home front the goat and lamb are doing well .....both love attention and I'm sure would love to be inside with us all given half a chance!!




4 comments:
Nice snow eh! We got loads this last winter!
Love that Cob of yours!! really nice.
Glad to see you smile and hope things are well.
Lets have some more shots of the rides!!! Your good!
It was really amazing for us to get snow. Our dairy farm ends at the cliffs of a beach in Taranaki. We got about 4cms of snow.
Ruffles ...hope you got to have fun riding in the snow ....did it worry your calving??
Cheyenne ....glad you like my cob...isn't he cute. He is quite solid compared to the other one(Mosaic), but I like his type. Life is busy but better for the while. I'm cruising with the 'glass is half full' rather than half empty idea. Its working a treat.Spring is always good for the soul too!!!!
I kind of forget how magical snow can be for people who rarely get it. I'm glad your horse was a good boy!
Post a Comment