The day dawned a bit cold and miserable but as the hours ticked by the sun came out and the day improved. By lunch it was warm and very spring like. I went and picked up Hokey and Mosaic from up at my parents where they had been grazing for the week. The were a bit up on their toes as the dog insisted on carting the hugest branch through the paddock as we made our way back to the trailer. So leading two was a bit of a challenge.
Once we arrived at the arena I took the time to give both dirty hairy beasts a good brush. Hokey has his summer coat coming through finally while Mosaic is still a fluff ball. By the time I was finished I'm sure I was also looking like a fluff ball. My friend Tash came to see what we were up to ......so I not only got a helping hand but a photographer too
Hokey was fantastic .....but then was determined to try and get down and roll in the sand .....Mosaic is a bit more challenging.He tends to be stubborn, stubborn, stubborn then finally just does what is asked. You are left thinking ' oh why couldn't you just do that to start with '
I left them in a small paddock beside the arena for the night then I will go work them both again tomorrow afternoon.
I'm working on the theory of little bits often and making sure it all ends positively. When I trailer them now they self load which is awesome.I can now just stand at the bottom and send them up into the trailer and they simply go . It does make life easy.
Back home the spring weather has made my lawns grow so yep you guessed it ......I mowed lawns!!!





6 comments:
Great photos!
Its rained here for ages! really p****d off! Cant get out to ride, mud every where!
You seem to be doing fine!
Sally ,
Always love me a huge sand arena!
Good job yea! Glad the glimpses of spring are here finally for you all. :)
Okay...I'm an idiot. Mosaic is which? One seems to be black /white, and one more brown/white
;)
Kac
Cheyenne ....sorry to hear about the mud ....to make you feel better it has poured down on and off all day here too.
Kac .....isn't that arena just the greatest. It belongs to my friend Jude.Mosaic is the darker cob with less white on his face. Hokey Pokey is the lighter brown one with the blaze.Hokey is way more solid and I'm finding him easier to work and more responsive. Mosaic is friendlier but an absolute stubborn little shit to say the least. I love them both though
Kate ...glad you enjoyed the pictures
They are both adorable. Love the ring too. Your grass looks like it's really growing I'm not surprised you had to mow it already. Great pictures of them. Sounds like you've got a good plan and they are coming along. Like that they both load by themselves now.
wow have I fallen behind! The "little ones" are growing so much and looking like they will be fine mounts one day soon
Post a Comment