Monday, October 31, 2011

Spring ....

It has been a while since my last post it must be said ....3 weeks ago my Grandma passed away. It was a bit out of the blue and sad, but she had lived a long good life and went in her sleep. If I do the same I will be happy..... straight afterwards we went to Australia to spend a couple of weeks on the Gold Coast and North Brisbane.It was nice to have beautiful warmth, spend time at the beach and time with Glenns family. Back to NZ the reality of work and getting everything here sorted has kicked in ......and I need something to ride. I'm going insane not riding!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing - but you're right, that is the way to go, when it's time.

You need to get riding . . .

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sorry to hear of your grandmothers passing . Sounds like she live a good life and was well loved. TAht beach looks wonderful!!!!! will you adopt me? I am a little old ,but I am very nice, and I don't eat much!

cheyenne jones said...

Really sorry to hear about Grandma. Its always a sad time.

But on a lighter note, you look really happy, both of you!

sally said...

Thanks for your thoughts about my Nana ....if we all have the long healthy life she had we will be truely blessed.
And yes that beautiful beach is just wonderful on the Australian coast....all we needed was a nice horse to ride.
And yes Kate I'm working on getting a horse to ride ....now that my Dad is going well I can shift my focus back to horses good and proper.

Yep Cheyenne ...am happy!!

Nikker said...

I am truely sorry about your Grandma, but am glad that you can say she lived a long and good life!
Very glad to see your dad's doing well!
I could feel the warmth from your beach pic! Heading into a cold fall with snow on the horizon...bah! )0:
Hope you get back to riding soon! I will be living vacariously (sp?) through you for the next few months when its too cold and rotten outside to even consider riding my own!!

Margaret said...

Awe. Grandmothers are wonderful, and I'm so sorry. But the memories are wonderful too... many people don't have those of grandparents anymore. Hope you get back in the saddle somehow soon.

Terry said...

Oh, I'm so sorry.

Grey Horse Matters said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma.

Hope you get to ride in your beautiful spring weather soon.