Thursday, December 15, 2011

RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have officially not ridden all week ......we have had soooooo much rain.Everything is saturated, flooded, soggy, sodden ....etc. My date with my horses = get into gumboots, waterproof leggings, and waterproof coat, ....wade out to the paddock and pick up soggy horse poo.....feed wet ponies who would rather be inside .......wade back .......and sulk about the weather!!!!. The only up is the temperature....its warm. This rain is tropical air mass down from the coral sea.Just wish we had the tropical sun to match!!!!

5 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

That sucks, hope the sun comes out soon!

Me, baby and horses said...

I know!!! Autumn is standing in mud up to her knees just about, at least I have the all weather track to ride on and I have managed to ride a couple times this week...although have to say at 5.30am this morning I would have much rather slept in but no I got up and rode and had a great ride...

sally said...

Yep Fernvalley ....nicely said....it sucks. But the weather is meant to be great Monday!!
Tarsh .....well done you for getting out in this weather. The advantages of an all weather track......although bed is a good place to be at 5.30am

Grey Horse Matters said...

Too much rain is nasty business. We've had a mixture of rain and then snow to cover the sodden mud then back to mud when it melts. Warm temperatures then cold. Hope you clear up soon and get some sun.

Unknown said...

Shame, I am dreading the downpour here too, the ground is getting softer and softer...
I hope you will get to ride soon. Wishing you lovely Xmas time! :)